Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Solid Character

I wasn't as honored as some to know Mike very well or very long, but even in my limited exposure I gained an appreciation for his character, wit and charm. Mike was my "insurance guy" back in the early 90's when I lived in St. Louis, and I eagerly introduced him to others because he was an honest and genuine person. I trusted Mike even without knowing him well. He had a presence, a charisma. He was able, without trying, to make you feel important, responsible. He was sharp and respectful, but gave guidance on insurance matters while looking you in the eye and giving you respect.

I would imagine, having read some of the previous blogs, that this is how he made others feel, especially his student athletes. It is important to have known and to remember people like that. We meet them so infrequently in life.

God bless his family, those he loved and his children in this time of grief. My prayers will be with you.

No comments: