Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Love and Patience

I worked with Mike for the past 15 years at Northwestern Mutual. For the past four years we have been in a weekly Bible study together. I did not know it at the time, but God made sure we were the only two people who showed up one Friday six weeks ago. So naturally we got to talking. Mike talked and showed concern as he normally did about people he cared for and was trying to reach out to. I mentioned I was having trouble mentoring a sixthgrader in the city: my little guy was easily distracted and failing at school. Mike related how he went through a tough patch when he was about the same age, but that he came out of it eventually. (did he ever) And then he reminded me about what to do with my student, "show love and patience, patience and love". Mike asked me to remember to do that.

No comments: