Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A Man of Steel, A Man of Love

Mike was my coach for 2 years and what a wonderful time it was. I was immediately impressed with his demeanor; he was a coach that had one goal, to create better men. He was a great lacrosse coach with worlds of knowledge about the game that he loved and we all came to enjoy. He was also one of the best teachers I have ever had in respects to life. He taught us to find our limit and embrace our fears so as to better ourselves and our brothers on the team. Playing for him was an adventure where you could see the team actually growing as lacrosse players and as a group of young men. He has had a remarkable influence on my life and I embrace the time that I had with him, as a coach and a friend. Mike, you were a coach, a friend, and a man of integrity. You have inspired everyone you have met and you will be missed. Farewell coach.

1-2-3 "Count on Me"

Connor Ireland '06

No comments: