Wednesday, May 2, 2007


Is it Rico? or Suave?

I've been giving this posting some thought and quite honestly I don't know where to start nor shall I blab on. My family and I lost our best friend this week. Steel was not only my best freind he was FAMILY. The great memories of Steel coming over to our home in hand with a liter of Dew, some snacks with a huge grin on his face and greeting chris with a huge "Chrisssssy Condon" and to my children Nicholas which he always used his full proper name, Natalie and Grace will be severely missed. He'd plop down on the floor and start his ruff housing with our lab Jett. Steel was my confidant, mentor and someone who I looked up to more than he'll ever no. He often used me as a sounding board on something new and looked for my advice, little did he know he was the one guding me through his visions. Two quickies, Rico or Suave? Several years ago in the early 90's there was this ridiculous music video where Rico Suave was being used. For some reason Steel and I saw the video at the same time and laughed histerically on the phone. From that point on in some odd way it stuck. Over the years Steel would always put his personal flair to it and would either start a phone message or email by stating "Riccola" or "Sauvisimo". The last item deals with my family and our relationship with Mike. For the last several years Mike stayed in St. Louis for Christmas and we of course invited him over for Christmas dinner each year not really thinking he'd come over. Well... sure enough after he made his rounds he'd show up for Christmas dinner, the funny part - we never know if he'd show up. Chris also told Mike there will be a place setting waiting for you. He always showed up and in time for a great dinner.

The best part, he loved the mash potators - yes tators. They were the first to go. My friends your outpouring is incredible. I know for a fact Michael is looking down on us and is as upset as we are for the pain we're going through.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Sennett family, the DeSmet lacrosse community whom I love and respect more than you'll ever know, Amber whose journey through life was about to begin and Abigail who was the rock behind Mike and Father Steve whom I've been blessed to know through Mike.

I recently over heard a scorer mention prior to our game against DeSmet a few weeks ago - " My goodness this is a love fest" prior to the game. There was NOTHING better than a pregame hug from my boy Steel.

Peace and Godbless Steel.

Eddie (Rico), Chrissy, Nicholas, Natalie, Grace

No comments: