Tuesday, May 1, 2007

“…Neither the Right nor the Ability…”


I am a wreck after reading all of these accounts. I am not much of a writer so I will keep this short. And add a picture, as they say… its worth a thousand words.

I have known Mike Sennett my entire lacrosse career. From my first day of tryouts, to our last conversation about our upcoming game, he has always been there. I have feared, respected, hated, admired and loved this man. He was an inspiration to us all in our own special way. I think that is what is most fascinating about him, everyone has a similar story, yet they are all so unique. He had a way of touching lives and he touched mine. When I look down the sideline on Saturday it will be the first time in 15 years that I don’t have my COACH looking back.

Ron Kelam Jr.
State Champion Class of 1996 #19
DeSmet Freshmen 1997-1999
Parkway South Varsity 2000-2003
SLUH Varsity 2004-2007

No comments: