Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I didn't actually know Coach Sennett personally. I always knew he was that great coach at DeSmet who in my 3 years of lacrosse, we just couldn't seem to beat. It was his team that ended my state title hopes in 2001. When you played Mike Sennett's DeSmet teams, you knew that you had to bring your best to even have a chance. But Coach Sennett was more than just a coach, he was one of the main ambassadors for the game in St. Louis. He did more for the growth of this great game in our town than I could ever hope to. He is a big reason why there are 27 teams in Missouri and 5 more in Kansas. Every time you see a 5th grader, a high schooler, or a college kid with a stick and helmet, remember that it was Mike Sennett who put it there. I want to thank Coach Sennett for the work and effort he put in to let me learn and play the game I love.

Tom Schmidt
SLUH '01
Rockhurst University '07
St. Thomas Aquinas HS Coach (KS) 2002-2005

No comments: