Thursday, May 3, 2007

Ever since I first picked up a stick to a weird game that changed my life, I have been in aww of DeSmet lacrosse, and more importantly Mike Sennett. Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to play lacrosse at DeSmet. But almost all of my best friends to this day did.

The pedastool they put this man on was truly unbelievable. And after getting to know him as briefly as I did, I saw why. As everyone on this blog knows, he had an uncanny ability to bring the best out in everyone around him. He created champions on and off the field. I have rarely met anyone who was willing to sacrifice so much time, effort, love and passion for nothing in return.

I owe Coach Sennet a lot. He is the reason I played college lacrosse and have a college degree today. Lord knows where I'd be without him. He went out of his way for no reason. I only knew him through various winter leagues and camps. And he went out of his way for me? .....Why? Because that was who he was. Always putting himself before others.

The DeSmet lacrosse family and St. Louis lacrosse as a whole will never be the same. What he did for this sport and everyone involved will always be remembered.

Even though I never played for him, he always made me feel like I did.

Thanks Coach Sennett,

Todd Dillon
Kirkwood 95'-98'
CBC 99'

No comments: