Tuesday, May 1, 2007

"God Bless"

"God Bless"...I will miss hearing him say that each and every time we got off the phone. People say things all the time but Steel meant it and I know that God has blessed me with his friendship for the last 15 years. I am so lucky to have known Steel during our time at ND as the serious lax guy in the flannel shirt jackets, dip, and tough guy rep. But even more special to me is to have seen what an unbelievable MAN he became later in life.

My husband and I have been so moved by all the stories shared on this site and we know what an impact he made in the DeSmet family. We are so sorry for your loss and we miss him too. I felt compelled to share with you what an impact he made on our family "off the lacrosse field".

The story is simple... Sennett was really good at his day job...because he cared about the people he helped....truely cared. We have a young son who has CP and when it came time to prepare to move to a better home for KJ, Mike was there to guide us... and that is what he did...each step of the way. He touched our family and we are forever tied to him through what he did for KJ's future. It wasn't about money or wealth or business... it was about family and love for those who love you. We will never forget you Steel.

Molly Anderson
ND '92

No comments: