Wednesday, May 2, 2007

A Man of Passion

I only had contact with Mike for a brief period. About three days, on Kairos my senior year. I didn't even know who he was because I hadn't seen him before, but in those three days, he had such a dramatic impact on my life. The directness and honesty of his personality made him someone that you could tell instantly was the kind of person you want to meet; and his passion and leadership made him the kind of person you wanted to learn from. All the characteristics of this man combined to make certain that he positively affected everyone he met. I learned a lot of what it is to be a man from Mike in just a few days of knowing him. I can only imagine what it would be like to have known him for years like so many people did. He will be missed; but judging by the posts on this blog, his legacy will live on forever.

Bryan Henson
Desmet '05

No comments: