Tuesday, May 1, 2007

It took me a few days to really put into perspective the impact that coach had on my life. Over the years, you slowly forget all the special things people have done for you. Unfortuneatly, this past weekend was a sad reminder of just how important of a figure coach was in my life. There are so many wonderful things to say about him - his tireless work ethic, his drive to be the absolute best at everything he did, his profound impact on the game of lacrosse in the state of Missouri. All are impressive, but one trait seemed to stand out to me above the rest.

He was a man who I came to respect not for his accomplishments on the field and sideline, as impressive as they were, but rather for his never ending dedication to his players. He understood more than any coach I have ever had that life extended beyond the playing field. He was man who was not afraid to share his own problems and emotions with his players and would bend over backwards to help anyone with their own. I shared tears as well as laughs with coach during my time as a player and it was his willingness to do so that earned his players trust.

We were all so lucky to have known him. Thank you for all you done for us coach. You will be dearly missed.

George Kriegshauser '02

No comments: