Thursday, May 3, 2007

Coach

Coach Sennett provided my first taste of a sport that would ultimately take over my life. When I left De Smet and headed to a little engineering school in Rolla MO. I never thought our paths would cross with his again. I guess the Big man had another idea. I started coaching a group of men at that university. I then moved back to St. Louis and started coaching high school. That is when our paths crossed again. De Smet destroyed us the first couple years. Finally in 2004 we beat De Smet 7-6. After the game Coach shook my hand and told me that my kids and played a great game. I have gone on to coach other teams and have had amazing seasons and amazing wins, but that De Smet game is still the most special. Thanks for the memories, the games, and the lessons you probably didn't know you taught me. God Bless Coach Sennett.

Nate Hoeckelman

No comments: