Monday, April 30, 2007

Use your LEFT KEVIN!

Coach Sennett was truly a Man for Others who was more than a coach but a Mentor to his players. My prayers and thoughts go out to his family, his current players, and the DeSmet Lacrosse Family. I am privileged that I got the chance to play for such a great man. You will be missed. "Count on Me!"

As I sit here and remember like it was yesterday when Coach Sennett day in and day out, season to season preparing us for the next challenge we faced as a team and those individual hurdles we each faced and had to conquer to truly become one true team; Coach wanted us to work hard and make us accountable for our strides to become best to our abilities to be one. And for this I am truly grateful for this lesson learned from Coach.

I remember during senior year and Coach was hungry to win another Championship, just after he won his first state title for DeSmet, he wanted another one and wanted us to give all he had and leave nothing to waste. It paid off when we captured a Second straight State Championship for Coach.

He was not only a coach to me but a true friend who would sit down with you and help you solve any problem or answer any question you had, he was truly a Man for Others.
He will be missed but his legacy will never be forgotten.

GodSpeed Coach....

Kevin Lord '97

No comments: