Monday, April 30, 2007

Coach

It is amazing how it takes a tragedy to make you realize how someone has shaped your life. As I read all of the postings and reflect, it really hits me how influential coach was in my life. A good majority of my memories from high school center on playing lacrosse for Mike Sennett at DeSmet. Other high school friends have come and gone, but the ones I still cherish dearly and still see regularly are those I played lacrosse with. Mike Sennet was our mentor, our leader into battle, the person we looked up to, the person we admired, and the person who we desperately wanted to please. He made me love a game that I knew absolutely nothing about when I started. He demanded that we play together and would not settle for anything less. He made playing lacrosse for DeSmet mean something, and believe you me it means something. As a coach myself, you should see the instant respect you get when you tell one of the kids you played lacrosse for Mike Sennett at DeSmet. Mike Sennett will always be our coach and I will miss him dearly.


Kevin "Koz" Kozminske
DeSmet 1996

No comments: