Monday, April 30, 2007

The Ultimate Motivator

Coach had the rare ability to motivate people and push them well beyond what they thought where there limits, pushing us out of our comfort zones and helping us to achieve bigger and better things. Coach truly had a gift. I think we all had that moment of him blowing the whistle in the middle of practice, stopping the drill and marching down the field looking you square in the eye until he was right in your face and letting you have it the whole time, I will never forget the first time this happened, just sitting there thinking holy shit this is not going to be good. What I quickly learned was this was his passion and his passion was to make you a better player, a better teammate and more importantly a better person.
What he taught us on the field goes way beyond just the game of lacrosse, he taught us how to live life with a passion and no matter what you are doing you better be going at it a 110%. Coach had a huge impact on my life and I think I can safely say he impacted everyone else who had the privilege to know him and play for him. Many of us now coach lacrosse on many different levels and personally coach is one of the main reasons I started coaching, just hoping that I could have 1/2 of the impact on the kids that coach had on me. It truly is an honor to be able to say I played for Mike Sennett.

Brian Day '98

No comments: