Sunday, April 29, 2007

Count on Me

Everyone,

Thanks go out to Lambs for putting this togehter. It means a lot.

Where to start? I think it's hitting me now. I can only imagine how hard it was for the kids and coaching staff who were there. Chris, thanks for taking my call yesterday. Father Marco thanks for calling me back yesterday.

I think we can all agree Mike was a very unique individual. He played such an important role in the lives of so many and I really believe he understood the impact he had on so many. I'm sure everyone has their own Sennett story. I will share one. After we played Lafayette my soph year at Lafeyette. I think we won. He came up to me after the game said I could play anywhere. He said I could play for Hopkins if I wanted. Some reason I choose Delaware. It was at that point I really began to think about playing college ball. I can remember how many times I called Sennett at night after practice in high school to ask for his help in choosing programs to look at. I look back and see how much he cared for each one of his players. Knowing him professionally I look at how many times I would walk into his office and talk about life, lacrosse, God, & what we were going to get from Einstein's for lunch. He helped me in so many ways and was someone I really looked up to. You could always count on Mike.

I know he is in a better place. I think he left with too soon and doing what he loved. I know he was truely happy at this point in his life and that's the most important thing. I want to say thanks for being such a great friend and person.

Thanks Brother

Jamie Andrew

No comments: