Monday, April 30, 2007

Thanks, Mike

Wow, I can't believe that this has happened. I think that we all saw things coming to an end a little early for Mike, with his ability to get all fired up at us or refs or just about anyone, his constant slugging of pepto bismol on trips, his rosy tanktop burn during the summer months, and his chew in, but this was all too soon.

One story that has always stuck in my mind about Sennett was from practicing over at that God-awful tech school every afternoon. We all used to quickly change in the parking lot and then hustle down for practice. We were all repremanded by the school for indeceny in the lot, and Sennett, red faced and mad as usual, shouted at us, "You can't change in the parking lot, I can because I wear lacrosse shorts for underwear!" He really was lax all the way, through and through. I also enjoyed how he lifted weights with a mouthguard in.

Mike was the one person that pushed me to play in college and I thank him for that. Who knows where I would be right now, if it weren't for all the experiences that I gained from the sport of lacrosse.

Thanks Mike, you will be missed. (So good to hear from everyone, sorry I can't make it back to STL for the service)

Mark Meyer ('98)

No comments: