Sunday, April 27, 2008

Coaching is not easy

Walking back onto the familiar grounds of DeSmet Jesuit High day after day, it remains unfamiliar to look over to the varisty and not being able to hear or see you. I am trying my best to be a man for these kids as you were for me. It isn't easy, it's frustrating as you know. I can only hope I can be a bit like you so they can catch a glimpse of the man that taught me how to play. The game lives on in me and I will never forget you. It's not possible. The important thing I try never to forget is that it's not about being the best but putting out the best effort you have day in and day out; to give 100% just like you taught us. (sometimes I forget...and losing is definitely never going to be manageable, but I'll try) I know that you are always smiling down on all of us right after you finish making the angels run some rips.
DeSmet may never know another like you again. Count on me coach. I still miss you.

-Ferris '04

No comments: