Saturday, April 19, 2008

1 year later

I have never posted on this blog but i can remember endless nights where i would stay up and read everyone's thoughts of coach. I was personally there in Indiana when coach died and recieved the news from Coach Goudy when he simply said..."he didnt make it." As the one year anniversary of that day looms near i cannot help but think of coach sennett every single day. it hurts to look at the prayer card that i still have from last year that is in my money clip and read the "miss me - but let me go" prayer that is on it. When i do read it though i am filled with so many different emotions that i cant even desribe. It pains me to say that i never knew what coach sennett really meant to me until he was gone and i had to live life without him. he taught me so many things that, as life unfolds, i am seeing really mkae sense. His game was not just lacrosse and we all know that. Coach put every cell of energy into making us better kids and to hopefully grow us into men. i see his example everyday. I dont think words could, or will, ever describe how much i mis coach sennett on a daily basis. every single aspect of coach i miss and i wish he was there to hug me when i visited practice and came to games to see how our team was doing. i also am truly sorry for the future players at desmet that they never knew coach sennett, but also encourage players to listen to coach goudy, because in my opinion, he is coach's best living example. Coach Sennett, i was always a little afraid of you but never, ever did i not respect and love you for what you gave me. I can never personally thank you enough for your impact on my life. This past year has seemed unreal and one i would want you to be here for, but I will take an extra angel lookinfg over me. Thanks for everything and I miss you.

-Ted Klein

No comments: