Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Godbless #40

I can't even believe that it has already been two years. Like everyone else, Coach Steel made an enormous impact on my life and future. In my case he completely turned mine around; he picked me up, dusted me off, and threw me back in. When my father moved out early freshman year at DeSmet, Coach stepped right in. When my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, he and the whole team rallied around us. He tought me and everyone how to be tough... real tough because that was his motto- give life everything you got.

For four years he was there for me, pushed me to be my best in everything. He tought me everything I know about how to be a real man, friend, leader, teammate, son, sibling, and brother in Christ.

Because of him, Chris Goudy, the whole DeSmet Jesuit administration, I can say that my teammates and I are men for others, men to count on. I am so honored and lucky to have had that experience, and to be able to live with his values for rest of my life.

Thank you again Coach. Godbless #40,

Spencer K Hampton, DeSmet Jesuit '06


An Irish Blessng
May the road rise to
meet you
May the wind be
always at your back
May the sun shine
warm upon your face
May the rains fall
soft upon your fields
And until we meet
again
May God hold you in the palm of
His hand.

No comments: